Expat andInternational Tax Expert
Mediation & Arbitration Professional
Mexico Phone 52 624 131 5228
· Private Legal and Tax Practice - Dana Point, Orange County, California, also member of Kauffman Nelson LLP, Certified Public Accountants. His legal and tax practice emphasizes expatriate, international and non-resident taxation law and return compliance, international estate planning, US and international business law, partnerships, corporations, trusts, contract negotiation, real estate law; U.S. aspects of doing business and owning real estate in Mexico and US trademark law and trade secrets law (in practice of tax law for over 32 years).
· PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP- Senior Manager, Tax & Legal Services Department (1999-2001)
· Ernst & Young, LLP – Senior Manager, Estate Planning, Personal Tax Planning and Executive Compensation, Personal Financial Services (1997 - 1999)
· Tosco Energy Company – Corporate Tax Attorney
· Ernst & Ernst – Partnership, Corporate, Trust, Estate and Non-profit taxation-Tax Department
· California State University at Los Angeles – Assistant Professor of Accounting and Taxation (1974-1982)● University of California Los Angeles Extension - Corporate Taxation
· Touche Ross and Co. – Tax Specialist
· US Army– Field Artillery Operations & Intelligence
EDUCATION:· University of Southern California Law Center – Juris Doctorate in Law· San Diego State University – Bachelor of Science in Accounting· UCLA – Graduate School of Business Administration
PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS· Attorney at Law – California (1974) State Bar No. 62253
Check with California State Bar Association· Certified Public Accountant retired – California (1975-2015 retired) State CPA No. 21055
Check with California State Board of Accountancy· Real Estate Broker – California (1978)
· Admitted to California Supreme Court, US Tax Court, US District Court, and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
· American Bar Association, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES· Appeared as tax and business law expert on radio and television; Authored regular monthly column in national business magazine on business and tax matters; Authored numerous other articles on taxation and business law in general publications. Lectures on tax law, business law, and asset protection.
Unlike CPAs and Enrolled Agents, Don provides his clients with complete legal confidentiality of "Attorney- Client" privilege with respect to their personal tax and legal concerns. Enrolled Agents, accountants and CPAs cannot provide you with this privacy and confidentiality.