For 2005, the IRS Data Book includes the following audit statistics which might be of interest to schedule C filers, corporations and partnerships.
In calendar year 2005:
- 9,533,236 Schedule C's were filed, 3.12% of these were audited
- 2,230,024 C-Corp returns w/assets under $10 mil were filed, 0.8% audited
- 56,877 C-Corp returns w/assets over $10 mil were filed, 18.6% audited
- 2,720,290 partnership returns were filed, 0.4% audited
- 3,715,249 S-Corp returns were filed, 0.4% audited
Read more here: